Welcome!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Welcome to the Sustainability Forum! This Forum is for all of us interested in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the SDGs. It is a place where we can come together to connect, share ideas and experiences of implementing the SDGs, to inspire and support one another to work towards the SDGs deadline in 2030. This is a place where we together can make a difference and help make our planet a better place with a more sustainable future. Please follow this link to learn more about the SDGs: https://sdgs.un.org/goals.

My name is Carola, I am a member of ME Board and the facilitator for this Forum. Now and then you will find posts of sustainability resources from me that I hope you will find interesting and inspiring – remember that this is also your space, so please contribute with your posts!

A little about me – I am Swedish and live in Nicosia, Cyprus. Like so many, I started my Montessori journey when I became a mother and thereby retrained to become a Montessori teacher, 0 – 6 years. I have worked as a Montessori teacher in the Middle East and Europe. I am also a teacher trainer and worked with MCI for several years. Having lived and worked in different cultures, knowledge & understanding of the world, literacy and language development have become my passion as a Montessorian.

I very much look forward to meeting you all!

Best wishes,
    Carola.

Wendelien
    Keymaster

Hi Carola, thanks for your lovely welcome – this is such an exciting development within Montessori Europe. I look forward to learning with everyone about how we can nurture within our children the spirit of agency, solidarity and social justice.

My name is Wendelien, I’m also a member of the Board and used to work with children in the first plane of development. It’s interesting how we often talk about cosmic education starting at elementary but I really believe we can sow the seeds from birth and I look forward to exploring that further here.

Best wishes,

Wendelien

Hello Wendelien, and welcome to the Sustainability Forum πŸ™‚

I very much agree with your view on our Casa children and Cosmic education. For 2 years running my colleagues and I have been working with the United Nation’s SDGs with our 2 to 6 years old. We have successfully covered goal #12 and #15 and our children are super aware of the world around them and how to look after their environment in the best way they can. Never too young to sow those seeds πŸ™‚

I hope to see you in our Sustainability webinar on the 8th of September. Please circle the date and spread the word πŸ™‚

Have a lovely week ahead,
    Carola.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.