Welcome to the Elementary Forum

HomepageForumsThe Second Plane: Ages 6–12 (Childhood)Welcome to the Elementary Forum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Welcome to the Elementary Forum! This forum is for all of us interested in the development of children from 6 to 12 years. It is a place for us to come together to connect, reflect and inspire one another. A place where we can help each other out, a place where we can support and inspire each other so that we can provide the very best guidance to the children as we prepare them for the future.
    My name is Judith I am a member of the Board and the facilitator for this Forum and I will be posting what I hope will be inspirational resources from time to time – but please don’t just wait for me to post, this is your space and we hope this will become a supportive community you can turn to when you need it.
    Let me introduce myself. I am a Montessori elementary educator, trained in Bergamo, with a Master’s Degree in Education, and post graduate work in Alternative Dispute Resolution. Currently, a board member of Montessori Europe and Youth for a Better World, my prior experience includes 17 years as a Montessori teacher for elementary and middle school, 15 years as a Montessori Head of School in the US and Canada, and 16 years as a Teacher Trainer.

I founded Montessori Model United Nations in 2006 to help students find their voices, take action and build peace. Then in 2011, we created the Youth Impact Forum program to align the idealism and capacity of adolescents to understand global problems, to identify local problems that break their hearts and then to take action to have an impact on the world they want.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Judith

Wendelien
    Keymaster

Hi Judith,

Thank you for your welcome.

I have no educational experience with children in the elementary age – just personal experience of my daughter. It was such an exciting time when she had such an interest in the world around her.

I look forward to learning more about this plane of development from everyone who engages in this forum.

Best wishes,

Wendelien

Thanks for your post, Wendelien.

I often think that as parents, our sensitive period for deep learning about Montessori parallels our own children’s development.

Do you have any suggestions on topics of interest to teacher and parents on the age?

Thanks for providing a model for the welcome intro.

Judith

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.